back in Maastricht

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shana Tova 7568

Shana Chadasha, I can hardly believe it's time to turn the page and commence a new year already. I just returned back from a quick visit to Maastricht, to spend time with my parents (Benoit & Bella) and my brother (Ardon). I usually tend to surprise one of them. For example last year on Ardon's 18th bday I showed up all wrapped up in a giant FedEx box with a ribbon and all. Later that month I showed up for Rosh Hashana for my mother, hiding behind a curtain... yet each time either my parents or my dad new that I was en route. This time I felt like surprising them both. It was not originally in the plan. Originally Maurice and I were supposed to be in South Korea for the World Championship Soft Tennis where Xandra Mo's girlfriend was representing the Netherlands. I had to abrubtply change my plans due to the ongoing FUN, oh so fun, ever lasting construction in my new home in WilliamsPoint (a defiant combination of Williamsburg and Greenpoint). And since I was not going to work on the holiday I said to myself, just go to Holland, and spend time with the people that are so dear to you.

















My parents especially had yet another challenging year together and rose up to the occasion to fight for our family unity. It was my way of honoring them and their hard work over the past couple of weeks. Ah, I loved every moment of it. From seeing the surprise on their faces, to the shabbat dinner at home, bike ride with my father and watching people from the Derlon terrace on the Onze Lievevrouweplein.



I feel so fortunate.


Oh my, I am going at it again... ranting beyond belief! I will try to pick up blogging again. I am determined to write about the fun experience of buying a property in the big apple, dealing with those wonderful, oh so honest real estate agents, building sponsors, contractors, attorneys, building engineers, etc, etc. etc.



So stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home